Today my wee blog turns 1! When I first started my blog I wasn’t really sure where to begin so I kind of jumped into my first post without really introducing myself. A year on I thought it might be a good idea to give a bit of information about myself, like I should have when I began! So I thought I would share some facts about me:
1. I live in Falkirk with my (now fiance) in a cute 1 bed flat that we bought last year.
2. I studied art and design at college and fashion and textiles at uni, I now work in Resourcing for a large company.
3. I love Hello Kitty and I don’t care that I am probably too old for it.
4. I came up with my blog name because of my love of dresses and cake.
5. My all time favourite film is Gone With the Wind, I have watched it so many times I am pretty sure I could recite it word for word.
Before I started my blog I spent so much time reading other people’s and lusting over their style, wishing I had the guts to do it myself.
So much has changed in the past year and I am so glad that I started Frocks and Fairycakes. For anyone who is thinking about starting a blog but is unsure about whether or not to take the plunge my advice would be to go for it! It can open doors for you and introduce you to so many nice people.
When you step outside your comfort zone, magic happens.