We are now in week two of December, only two more weekends until Christmas! Eeeek! This is my second gift guide and this time I am looking at gifts for the guys in your life. I have included gifts that would be suitable for your other half, brother and maybe a few that would suit your dad.
Photo sources: Abandon Ship Apparel, The Edinburgh Bow Tie Co., Not on the High Street, Urban Outfitters, Boots
1. Hat, Abandon Ship Apparel – Perfect to keep you warm in the baltic Scottish weather, and it looks good too.
2. Lego/Nintendo print bow tie, The Edinburgh Bow Tie Co. – I love these, and they are perfect for any dapper gentleman in your life. Lego and Nintendo are the ultimate nostalgia items and these bow ties also give off a ‘I don’t take myself too seriously’ vibe. If you think a more subtle print would suit you can also get tamer versions in tartan and houndstooth tweed.
3. Vintage watch movement cufflinks, Not on the Highstreet – Something a little different to make shirts more exciting, and a great example of up-cycling.
4. Lomography smartphone scanner, Urban Outfitters – This has to be one of the best gifts I have seen for tech and photography lovers (also helpful if the recipient remembers/knows what 35mm film and negatives are!). This cool gadget works by turning on the back light on the scanner, popping your film in and taking a photo on your phone – viola! Your old negative is now a digital photo! Works with iPhone and android.
5. Personalised MP3 player, Not on the High Street – The mix tape – the ultimate romantic gesture, given a modern twist for the 21st century. No more faffing about with hitting the record button on your stero, this baby is an MP3 player. You can get music pre-loaded onto it or add it yourself using the USB that comes with it.
6. Nearfa TouchPLAY FUN, Boots – I don’t think guys ever get too old for Lego. This portable speaker combines a pretty cool gadget with a giant Lego block. This speaker works by placing your phone on top of it while you have music playing, no cables needed.