I love dressing to a theme.
And Christmas is the perfect time for some over the top themed dressing.
When I saw these fabulously tacky earrings in Primark a couple of weeks ago they gave me the perfect idea for some DIY Xmas shoes. These were really easy to make. And even better, they were super cheap, cause let’s be honest who wants to spend a lot on something you’re only going to wear a few times a year.
To make you will need:
- A pair of shoes (I got these black pumps from Primark)
- Some kitsch Christmas earrings (these were also from Primark)
- Start by removing the earring hooks with the pliers. You’ll still be left with a metal hook on the back of the felt but this doesn’t cause any problems when sticking them onto the shoes.
- Once you’ve removed the hooks put some superglue on the back and stick it to the shoe.
- Repeat this step for the second one and put in place. Hold down for around 30 seconds to make sure they’re stuck.
Fabric glue would also work for these, but I prefer to use superglue as you get a much better stick.
These earrings also light up! They’re on a timer and you can still turn them on even once they’ve been stuck to the shoes. And there you have it, light up Christmas shoes!
In total, these super tacky Crimbo shoes cost me less than £10 and took around 10 minutes to make. Perfect for adding some festive cheer to an outfit and (probably) guaranteed to make people smile when they see you wearing them.
Photographs taken by me